Eurovision Song ContestThe Eurovision Song Contest is incredibly popular, so everything is being done to make this edition in Liverpool a success. Overview in numbers.
* 26: Participating countries. Ten from the first semi-final and ten from the second, complemented by the Big Five and Ukraine – last year’s winner. Spain, Germany, Great Britain, France and Italy are the biggest sponsors, which automatically grant them a place in the final edition of each edition.
* 11,000 spectators join in support tonight at the Bank Arena in Liverpool. The first Eurovision Song Contest that – after Corona – can go on for a full hall again, and therefore it is good for a fully packed hall. By comparison: last year the auditorium in Turin was only half full, with seven thousand fans.
* 427: Euros is the most expensive ticket to attend the final broadcast live. Then you have the place with the best view, at the front of the stage. A price increase of 77 euros compared to last year.
* 4: Presenters. During the semi-finals, there were three more: British presenters Alesha Dixon and Hannah Waddingham, and Ukrainian Julia Sanina. During the closing show they were joined by Graham Norton.
* 37: Number of members of national juries voting.
* 38: The number of “countries” that voted. These are the 37 participating countries, an additional “country” made up of votes from non-participants. Brought together as “the rest of the world,” they are considered one country.
After an absence of at least 30 years: Luxembourg will participate in the Eurovision Song Contest again in 2024
Jawad Alloul wrote the lyrics to “Because of You”: “Gustav and I have wanted to send this message to the world for years.”
Last conversation with Gustav before the Grand Final of the Eurovision Song Contest: “After the semi-final I let myself go with McDonald’s” (+)
look. Gustav can’t hold back the tears after the semi-final.
Unlimited free access to Showbytes? Which can!
Log in or create an account and never miss a thing from the stars.
“Friendly communicator. Music trailblazer. Internet maven. Twitter buff. Social mediaholic.”
Slipknot Announces Keyboardist’s Departure (And Percussionist Also Misses European Tour) | music
“Queen Kroc is a bad loser. He should be more discreet about seeing off Samson and Mary” | BV
Marvel announces fourth Captain America title and releases first image of Harrison Ford | film