December 1, 2022

Taylor Daily Press

Complete News World

A tourist (19) dies in Mexico after eating a sesame seed burrito despite multiple warnings from restaurant staff

A tourist (19) dies in Mexico after eating a sesame seed burrito despite multiple warnings from restaurant staff

theme picture © Shutterstock

A British tourist died in Mexico after eating a vegetarian burrito with sesame seeds. However, the 19-year-old has openly warned restaurant staff about his allergy to those seeds.

GVsource: daily Mail

Joe Dobson of London repeatedly asked staff at a restaurant in the coastal town of Playa del Carmen, near the popular tourist destination of Cancun in the south of the country, on November 1, 2021, in Spanish and English, not to use sesame. Seed ingredients.. to use in his meal. “He said he would die if they actually used him” – a legal requirement in the UK for the deaths of citizens abroad – a friend of the young man said at a medical judge hearing on the case.

“When the food came, Joe sent it back because he thought they used sesame seeds after all,” the report continued. “Then another sign came. He took two bites and said, ‘No, there’s sesame seeds in there anyway.’ He went to the bar staff. That continued to be denied. They told him to drink some tea with honey and lemon. Joe got a sore throat and said he needed a An ambulance, but the staff refused to call.”

The group rushed to the apartment where they were staying and where Dobson forgot his son, but it was too late: the young man could no longer breathe, lost consciousness and later died in hospital.

See also  Historic planes collide in front of 4,000 spectators in Dallas: 'Fear of six dead'