February 1, 2023

Taylor Daily Press

Complete News World

An attack on the former British health minister in the London Underground | Abroad

Former British Health Secretary Matt Hancock was attacked on the London Underground. Hancock was not hurt. “A 61-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of assault and violating public order and remains in custody,” the police said.

The attack took place at Westminster tube station, but the perpetrator went on to attack the former minister in the tube itself. A spokesperson for Hancock described the incident as an “unpleasant encounter”. “This behavior is rare,” said the spokeswoman, who also said police and subway staff responded “wonderfully.”

Controversial personality

Hancock was Britain’s health minister at the start of the coronavirus pandemic in the spring of 2020. He quickly emerged as a well-known but controversial figure in British politics. In June 2021, he was forced to stand down when it was found that he had breached his social distancing rules in an extramarital affair with a close partner.

Last year, the politician took part in the show “I’m a Celebrity … Get Me Out of Here!” , a British reality show with an average of twelve million viewers in which famous Brits are sent into the woods and put to the test. His participation caused a lot of criticism, since he was still a member of the British Parliament at that time. The conservative group suspended him for this reason. Critics accused Hancock of wanting to burnish his image and make extra money by appearing on the show, rather than caring for his constituents.

Read also:

The former British Minister of Health asks for forgiveness for mistakes during the Corona crisis

See also  France tightens measures as coronavirus infections continue to rise, Guadeloupe closed | abroad

Participation in a reality show in the jungle costs a former British minister a seat in parliament