December 7, 2022

Taylor Daily Press

Complete News World

Archbishop of Canterbury defends Prince Andrew: 'He wants to make atonement' |  Property

Archbishop of Canterbury defends Prince Andrew: ‘He wants to make atonement’ | Property

PropertyJustin Welby, 66, the Archbishop of Canterbury, says Prince Andrew, 62, is eager to make things right after the abuse case against him is settled. The clergyman also says that everyone should learn to be more open and tolerant.

“I think we should take a step back with respect to Prince Andrew. He is trying to make it right,” the archbishop told ITV News. “I think that’s very good.” Welby understands that the case is sensitive as it relates to the alleged sexual assault, with Virginia Giuffre suing the Queen’s son alleging abuse by him as a teenager. ‘ says Welby.

The archbishop also believes that Queen Elizabeth, 96, has every right to take her son to Prince Philip’s funeral last year. This was criticized at the time due to allegations of abuse and the fact that the emir, who denies the allegations, resigned from his official duties.

Balcony

Andrew will not be on the balcony Thursday during the “Trooping the Color” parade, marking his mother’s memory. This place is only for working members of the British Royal Family. Prince Harry, 37, and his wife Meghan, 40, are also not allowed to be there.

Welby was scheduled to lead a church service in honor of Elizabeth’s 70th anniversary on Friday, but had to cancel it due to the coronavirus infection. The Archbishop of Canterbury is the religious head of the Anglican Church and the most important religious figure in Britain.

Read also:

Adapt or Die: How the tabloids forever changed the relationship between royals and people

See also  'Squid Game' Season Two Is Coming: The 'Squid Game' World Is Just Beginning

Princess Anne ‘champion’ of British monarchy: ‘She should succeed the Queen, not Charles’