Circle Brugge did a good job in the relegation battle. Direct competitor yupin eats skin and hair: 5-1. With three pointers Cercle climbing out of the drop zone, Denkey was the star in the hat. “It was 0 across the board,” Steve Peters was furious after the defeat.
Circle Bruges – Eupen in a nutshell:
- important moment: If there is still a bit of doubt after Hutich’s missed penalty, Dinke takes it all away with a 4-1 result and his second of the evening.
- man of the match: Kevin Dinke It was a disaster for Eupen as a forward, forward (1 assist) and as a finalist (3 goals).
- noticeable: In his first 8 matches, Circle scored 3 goals, and in the last 4 matches he scored 12 goals. What a transformation.
- statisticsThis is Circle’s first win in five home games against Eupin. The previous four were always missing.
Dominant Cercle Brugge doesn’t give Eupen any chance
Cercle Brugge and Joppen stood side by side in the relegation zone and both coaches gave one piece of advice to their players: Don’t lose.
Moslick’s forces understood this well. Circle grabbed Euben’s throat, but Ueda fired 1-0 at the post. The postponement wasn’t an adjustment, because it went fast all of a sudden in the middle of the first half.
First, Dinke was in the right place to rebound, a little later Sommers followed up well and in the 39th minute Ueda was in the right place: 3-0 and Yobin was exhausted on the grass.
Dinky works on his stats with the treble
Circle for a moment threatened to shoot him in the foot. After an unnecessary interference by Marceline, Peters put Eupen back into the match with a superb penalty kick: 3-1 in the first half.
After the break, Cercle Brugge dominated the match. Eupen was not in a position to hold back Cercle’s defenses. In the end it was a heavy defeat for Eupen, because Denkey managed to achieve a hat-trick after two great goals: 5-1.
Thanks to the win, Cercle Brugge controls 6 out of 9 and leaves the relegation zone behind. Eupen does not have this luxury. He remains penultimate and sees Zolt Vargem the Red Lantern approaching a certain point. It will be a long bus ride to the eastern provinces.
Steve Peters: ‘The mentality beats us’
- Bernd Stork (Coach Yobin): “What’s the difference today? Goals. Our preparations were good, we knew how Circle would play. We had to win the fencers for the second ball, but we failed. This is very unfortunate in our team” situation. Fortunately, we have a new match on Tuesday. We have to stay positive and focus on the next match.”
- Steve Peters (Yobin): “It was zero across the board. We were out of the mentality and couldn’t claim a point or more at any point.”
- Olivier Deman (Circle Brugge): “It’s time for us to start collecting points and we did it convincingly today. But we can’t start floating now. Against Syring we start again from scratch and we have to give everything.”
“Subtly charming internet specialist. Avid writer. Friendly alcohol guru. Music ninja. Devoted social media fanatic.”