Club Brugge will host arch rival Anderlecht on Sunday with 12 out of 12. The team beat Den Drif 1-4 after a particularly good second half. Vormer was allowed to start over at base, making a 0-3 score. De Kettleri (2x) and Lang also scored a goal. The club remained second with four points off the leader, Ohio Lovin gasping at the bottom. “We’re not dead yet, if you look at this match,” coach Mark Price says.
Oh Leuven – Club Brugge in a nutshell:
- Key moment: A little more than 20 minutes before the end, Maertens, due to the anger of the home team, did not receive a penalty after a push from Balanta. Immediately after that, Klopp mercilessly scored with three goals in less than 10 minutes.
- man of the match: Charles De Ketelaere was once again the star of the club. With his handsome first goal, he put the match in a crucial fold, with his second goal of the evening, he put the icing on the cake.
- distinct: The club is a guarantee of goals. It is the only team in 1A to score at least one goal in every match after 19 matches. Blauw-Zwart now has 39 pieces, and only Union and Anderlecht have scored more this season.
Lang and Dame Fortuna have given the club a solid lead
Philip Clement dropped Rodformer back into the starting line-up for the match at Ohio Leuven. A match that the club would have been better off winning to reduce the gap with Al Ittihad to 4 points again. But the OHL can also use the points to stay out of a touchdown spell.
Both teams took their chance in an exciting start to the match. A few minutes later, Mignolet had to deal with a hit ball from Mertens, while on the other side Vanaken couldn’t take advantage of an unfortunate intervention from DeWest.
The club escaped 0-1 in 15 minutes when Hendry misjudged the long ball. Swipe Maertens all at once, but also directly on the well-executed Mignolet. The best chances remained for OHL, as Schrijvers’ long shot went wide.
Club couldn’t start the engine, but he took the lead against the flow of the game. With a good dose of luck, Lange’s shot veered off Chakla, leaving Ronarsson surprised and without a chance. A few minutes later, the home team sided with them when they were stranded by a header from Hendry at a crossroads.
Shortly before the break, Lang missed another big opportunity for the visitors at the table. He flicked the ball too far and then hit Bronnarson, at the end of the match for the OHL goalkeeper.
The club completely spins OHL in a few minutes
For the home team, it should have happened in the second half, but you could not have started as brightly as in the first half. OHL was not getting any momentum in his game, the Club kept everything under control without much effort.
Just over 20 minutes before the end came the defining moment of the match. Penetration Mertens did not receive a penalty after a push from Palanta and immediately after that Klopp fired mercilessly. De Ketelaere Dewaest put in the wind and took a sharp Corner also to graze Romo: 0-2.
At OHL, the outrage over the missed penalty was great and the home team went down completely within a few minutes. After a superb pass from Lang, Former headed the ball 0-3 from close range and less than 10 minutes after his first goal, De Ketelaere’s breakthrough gave Romo another chance: 0-4.
In the final stage, Maertens saved the honor of OHL. Van der Prembet, who had just entered, allowed himself to easily overtake a pass from Mercier and thus Maertens managed to beat Mignolet. It was nothing more than a rag to bleed, because OHL remains in the danger zone after 0 out of 9. The club is again 4 points away from the league leader.
Clement: “Building on a series of 12 by 12”
- Philippe Clement (Club Brugge coach): “I’m very happy because this is a very difficult move. Lofven started with a lot of enthusiasm, but we can hurt them the way we wanted to do. We scored some great goals and created a lot of chances. We were a little lucky with a 0-1 draw, but that wasn’t our season in That area after. If you look at the expected goals with and against, we are the worst in the class. In terms of luck, it might happen occasionally. If you see how many chances we made in the second half, that’s a well deserved win. Right now we have a 12 on 12 streak and we want Building on that. The match against Anderlecht will be one moment in the marathon this season, so you won’t decide everything.”
- Mark Press (Coach Oh Lovin): “We started the match perfectly and were able to continue it. We collected a lot of chances, but the lack of efficiency really broke our hearts. There was some fatigue after 0-1, tasks were neglected. Then came the situation with Martens, penalty kick or not. In the substitution. De Ketelaere scored a great goal, which of course was a big blow. Then the match ended, even if we left it 0-3 and 0-4 easily. We definitely need to get the points, but we shouldn’t play tense football and stay calm. We are in some matches Difficult, but we are definitely not dead yet when you watch this match.”
“Subtly charming internet specialist. Avid writer. Friendly alcohol guru. Music ninja. Devoted social media fanatic.”