Two posters are already known for the 1/8 finals: Holland will meet with the United States, and England will play Senegal. France, Brazil and Portugal are also confident of getting a ticket to the next round. Who has to do what to continue?
- Holland going to win the group, Senegal He reaches the 1/8 finals in second place.
- Ecuador and Qatar are eliminated.
- England Group B wins and wins with United State 1/8 finals.
- Iran and Wales out.
- Poland He qualifies for the next round if he wins or draws against Argentina. If it loses, it can only continue – based on goal difference or goals scored – if Saudi Arabia does not win.
- Argentina Make sure you keep winning. In the event of a tie, Messi and his comrades remain in Qatar if Saudi Arabia – Mexico tied or if Mexico won by less than 3 goals.
- Kingdom Saudi Arabia It is placed if it beats Mexico. In the event of a tie, it is necessary to count on the victory of Poland or the defeat of Poland with a difference of 3 or more goals.
- Mexico It is no longer in his hands, but he must win anyway. If she wins against Saudi Arabia, she will have to count on a Polish victory to be sure. In all other cases, they must hope for a better goal difference than Poland or Argentina after winning.
- France He has already qualified for the 1/8 finals and will definitely win the group if he does not lose to Tunisia.
- Australia Definitely qualify for the next round by beating Denmark. If you draw against the Danes, Tunisia will not be able to beat France.
- Denmark They will only advance to the next round if they beat Australia, and Tunisia could not beat France by a larger margin.
- Tunisia He knows his place: Only a win against France would open up a place in the last 16. The condition is also that Australia-Denmark be tied or that Denmark beat Australia by a smaller margin than Tunisia beat France.
- Spain Always there in the eighth finals if not lost to Japan. Even with a loss, she could still continue if…
- Costa Rica – Germany tied.
- Spain has a better goal difference than Germany after Germany won or they scored more goals with an equal goal difference.
- Japan Certain if you beat Spain. In the event of a tie, you must count …
- …to draw between Costa Rica and Germany.
- … with Germany winning by one goal and Japan scoring one or more goals than Germany on the last day of the match
- Costa Rica Make sure to go ahead by beating Germany. If tied, it passes if Japan loses or if Spain loses by 14 (!) Goals.
- Germany They must beat Costa Rica anyway, if they still want to have a chance and until then Germany’s future depends on the outcome between Japan and Spain:
- If Japan lost to Spain, Germany would win.
- If Japan tied, Germany must win by two goals against Costa Rica or score more goals than Japan on the final day.
- If Japan wins, Germany should make up 8 goals against Spain.
- Croatia Always sure of winning or drawing against Belgium. Even in the event of defeat, the Croatians still have a chance to advance to the next round, if they lose by fewer goals or the same number of goals as Morocco against Canada.
- Morocco She will delight her fans with a ticket to the 1/8 finals if she does not lose to Canada or if Croatia wins against Belgium. In case of defeat, it should have a better goal difference than Croatia or Belgium.
- Belgium push through
- defeating Croatia.
- In a tie with Croatia, on the condition that Canada beat Morocco by 4 goals or more. Then Morocco and Belgium finished with 4 points but Belgium’s goal difference (-1) is better than Morocco’s.
- With a draw with Croatia, on the condition that Canada beat Morocco by three goals and that Belgium scores two goals more than Morocco on the last day. Then the goal difference between Belgium and Morocco is equal, but Belgium scored more goals.
- Canada Disabled anyway.
- Brazil He already has his ticket to the 1/8 finals.
- Switzerland It is only certain if it beats Serbia. In the event of a tie, Cameroon may not beat Brazil or it will be counted on goal difference and goal scored.
- Cameroon The group survives if it beats Brazil itself and Switzerland does not beat Serbia. In any case, the calculations will be made, because in each of these scenarios (a draw or a victory for Serbia) the goal difference or goals scored will be decisive.
- Serbia Penetrate if they beat Switzerland and Cameroon don’t beat Brazil. If Cameroon beat Brazil, Serbia should beat Switzerland with more goals than Cameroon against Brazil.
- Portugal He, like Brazil and France, has already qualified for the 1/8 finals.
- Ghana Portugal will be accompanied to the next round if they beat Uruguay. With a draw, Ghana is also certain that South Korea will not beat Portugal. In the other case, goal difference etc. comes up.
- Uruguay Only 100 per cent sure if they beat Ghana and Portugal they don’t lose against South Korea. If South Korea wins, Uruguay must beat Ghana by at least the same number of goals.
- South Korea She stands with her back to the wall: she must beat Portugal and Ghana cannot beat Uruguay. Even then, it should have a better goal difference than Ghana or Uruguay.
In the event of a possible tie between two or more nations in a group, the scenarios are still endless in terms of goal difference, number of goals or fair play points. Then we chose the most likely scenarios.
Teams are ranked based on these criteria:
- points Achieved in all group matches
- goal diff Achieved in all group matches
- The number of goals scored in all group matches
- Points are scored in head-to-head results
- Goal difference in match results (with more than two teams with the same number of points)
- The number of goals scored in the match results (with more than two teams with the same number of points)
- Fair play points in all group matches
Yellow card: -1 point
Red after two yellow cards -3 points
Direct red card: -4 points
Yellow card and direct red card: -5 points
“Subtly charming internet specialist. Avid writer. Friendly alcohol guru. Music ninja. Devoted social media fanatic.”