December 5, 2022

Taylor Daily Press

Complete News World

Half of US Republican voters don't want Trump back |  Abroad

Half of US Republican voters don’t want Trump back | Abroad

A New York Times and Siena College poll shows that the popularity of former US President Donald Trump is declining. On a hypothetical electoral slate of six candidates, Trump won 49 percent of the vote, with the remaining 51 percent split over five other names.

Donald Trump is currently undecided whether he will run again in the 2024 election, but what is certain is that his refusal to recognize Joe Biden’s 2020 election victory has deepened divisions within the Republican Party.

On a hypothetical six-name electoral roll, 49 percent of those polled voted for Donald Trump. However, he still has a significant lead over Florida Governor Ron DeSantis. It comes in second place with 25 percent of the vote. The remaining vote will be split between Ted Cruz, Texas Senator (7%), former Vice President Mike Pence (6%), former UN Ambassador Nikki Haley (6%) and former CIA chief and Trump Secretary of State Mike Pompeo. (2%).

Ron DeSantis, Governor of Florida. © Reuters

Young and highly educated voters

In a New York Times poll, 64 percent of eligible voters under the age of 35 said they would not vote for Trump in the upcoming election. Among respondents with a bachelor’s degree — an important indicator of the political preferences of voters who donate money — that figure is 65 percent.

In addition, 44 percent of respondents said they would vote for Joe Biden again – in the event of a re-election in 2020 – and only 41 percent for Trump. However, Biden’s popularity has hit rock bottom this year, with only 33 percent of voters saying they support his policies.

See also  Dead wolf found along the highway near Eindhoven | the animals