November 30, 2022

Taylor Daily Press

Complete News World

"Hot mom!"  Toddler (2) wakes parents during a house fire while they don't smell anything due to corona infection |  abroad

“Hot mom!” Toddler (2) wakes parents during a house fire while they don’t smell anything due to corona infection | abroad

A two-year-old boy, according to his family, saved their lives when their home in Alford, Texas suddenly caught fire overnight. The boy walked into his parents’ bedroom and Mom and Dad woke up: “Mom, hot! He called the little boy on the bed. I looked up and saw the flames almost reaching the doorway,” mom Kayla Dahl said on Good Morning America.





The incident was dated two weeks ago, in the early hours of January 15. Texan says she and her husband were recovering from a mild Covid infection at the time, essentially experiencing a loss of smell and taste. The couple slept peacefully that night as their house caught fire with their five children.

See also: The family does not smell fire because of Corona: a teenager saves their lives

Without being able to smell the thick smoke in her home, the mum says it was thanks to her baby boy Brandon’s warning that her entire family was finally able to leave the house on time. “He tapped my foot and was coughing,” Kayla says of that terrifying night when her son came to wake her. “Brandon saved us. Thanks to him, we were all able to get out in time.”

See also  Nobody offers asking price for Villa Aurora in Rome with Caravaggio on the roof

Family photo of Kayla and Nathan Dahl with their five children.  Brandon's son is sitting on mom's arm.

Family photo of Kayla and Nathan Dahl with their five children. Brandon’s son is sitting on mom’s arm. © Kayla On Nathan Dahl

Fortunately, the exodus from the home went smoothly, too, thanks to previous training from the father of the house: Papa Nathan has been a volunteer firefighter for six years and has taught his children fire dangers. He also taught them different escape scenarios in case of a house fire.

The massive fire at the home in question in Alford, Texas.

The massive fire at the home in question in Alford, Texas. © Decatur Fire Department Facebook

The Dahl family home caught fire. The family believes that the fire was caused by the gas stove in the living room. There was also a smoke detector, but according to the mother, the alarm did not start to go off until after everyone was already outside. “It’s all gone now,” Kayla sighs. “The whole house, everything in the house, my car.”

A Facebook post from the fire brigade who arrived at the scene shows that there were fears of fires in nearby homes as well, in part due to the strong icy winds that night. Fortunately this can be avoided. The fire service says their thoughts are with the affected family. The wire also warns that it’s very important to regularly check if smoke alarms in the home are still working properly and to always stay extra alert about the heat elements in the home.

The family home caught fire.

The family home caught fire. © Kayla On Nathan Dahl.