Thunderstorms, hail, strong wind gusts of up to 90 km per hour, the current weather is not only unpleasant but above all dangerous. Code yellow still applies to the entire country, as of late tonight, RMI reported. Do you still have work to do? These tips will help you reach your destination safely.
1. Motorists and motorcyclists should exercise extreme caution Sudden side winds. It can push road users to the side up to a few meters during a storm. A study by Auto Club Europe (ACE) showed that if a wind gust hits the side of a vehicle at 72 kilometers per hour at a speed of 100 kilometers per hour, the car is already pushed to the side by at least one metre. At a speed of 140 kilometers per hour, that is, at least four meters. For example, the vehicle could quickly swerve off the road or collide with oncoming traffic.
2. scrubs Slow down and keep a greater distance. This allows you to better respond to unexpected and dangerous situations. You can also have better control of your car at a lower speed. Pay close attention to bridges, dams, and open plains. There, the wind is free and gusts of wind hit you hard. If you’re driving near a building or a truck, you’ve been driving at lib for a while. Once you pass it you get the full class.
3. Hold the steering wheel with both hands, but do not jerk. This is the best way to respond to gusts of wind that suddenly push the car sideways. Moreover, you can better handle the suction effect of trucks when overrunning. Try if it’s safe In the middle of the corridor So that you have a margin if the car is swept off course by a gust of wind. Do not use cruise control.
4. In one A car with a caravan or in a high van – For example an SUV or a pickup truck – gusts of wind hit you harder. Adjust your speed further. Sometimes driving with a trailer is not recommended. High trailers catch a lot of wind and can get blown off easily. Watch traffic information for current advice.
When aquaplaning, release the gas pedal and do not attempt to brake.
5. Whether you hit the road or not: Avoid trees. So try to park your car safely. Make sure that there are no trees nearby that could fall or lose their branches due to strong winds. When planning your route, be sure to avoid roads with trees along the way as much as possible. Even in cities, you are not safe from falling trees.
6. There is a risk of it with too much rain Water skiing. A thin layer of water forms between your tires and the road surface. The car can then become uncontrollable and start skidding. Don’t try to brake. In a manual car, you slam the clutch and try to go straight ahead. If you slip, try to drive where you need to go. The same applies to the automatic, only then you let go of the gas.
7. When the rain turns into an explosion of clouds, watch your speed and find one if necessary Secure parking place on me. During heavy rain, visibility can sometimes be very limited (50 meters or less). When it gets dark, conditions are just as treacherous. Keep plenty of distance so you can respond in time. Try to avoid standing on your stiff shoulder at all times.
Unlimited free access to Showbytes? Which can!
Log in or create an account and never miss a thing from the stars.
“Creator. Award-winning problem solver. Music evangelist. Incurable introvert.”