- 90 + 5′ – Yellow – Matteo Cancellieri
- 90′ – Yellow – Timo Werner
- 86′ – David Frattisi’s follow up to Samuel Ritchie
- 86′ – Follow by Gianluca Scamaca by Matteo Cancelleri
- 84′ – Yellow – Kai Havertz
- 81′ – Serge Gnabry continued to David Raum
- 81′ – Follow Cristiano Biraghi by Federico DiMarco
- 81′ – Follow Sandro Tonali by Tommaso Bubiga
- 81′ – yellow – Alessandro Bastoni
- 74′ – Goal – Joshua Kimmish (1-1)
- 71′ – Follow Thomas Muller by Kai Havertz
- 71′ – Goal – Lorenzo Pellegrini (1-0)
- 70′ – Follow Leon Goretzka by Ilkay Gundogan
- 67′ – yellow – Sandro Tonali
- 66′ – Follow Matteo Politano from Degnand Gonto
- 63′ – Yellow – Alessandro Florenzi
- 63′ – Yellow – Thilo Kehrer
- 60′ – Follow Benjamin Henrichs to Jonas Hoffmann
- 60′ – Follow Leroy Sane to Jamal Musiala
- 52′ – Yellow – Lorenzo Pellegrini
European Nations League
After an enjoyable match, Italy and Germany maintained a 1-1 draw. The goals came only after the break, and it was Kimmich who quickly saved Pellegrini’s opening goal. Both teams will start their Nations League campaign with one point.
The European champions Italy opened their Nations League campaign against Germany at the Renato Dallara stadium in Bologna. Compared to the European Championship final against England a year ago, there were at least 10 more names between the lines, only goalkeeper Donnarumma was still around.
At that initial stage, the Germans also used automatic, which is largely absent among the Italians. Gnabry experienced Donnarumma for the first time after leaving Biraghi at his place.
There was also a lot of fighting in that first half, but the quality of the ball was too poor to speak of a good first half.
After the break, La Squadra Azzurra exited the locker rooms with different intentions. He pushed Germany back and especially the lithe Scamaka featured the occasional Süle and Henrichs stars. With Musyala and Hoffman introducing, Coach Flick intervened before the hour.
The newcomer helps Italy 1-0 and equalizes with Kimmich
It is clear that Roberto Mancini does not have to prepare his team for the World Cup in Qatar next fall. The Italians weren’t there after an early and agonizing elimination against North Macedonia, young striker Wilfried Gunonto (18) also had a half-hour mark on his debut.
FC Zurich’s striker, Junonto, eventually also helped create the Italian lead. Newcomer Pellegrini cleverly presented 1-0, but the happiness was short-lived. On the flip side, Kimmich quickly equalized after some bickering.
In the last quarter the momentum shifted and Donnarumma had to intervene appropriately several times, but there were no more goals. Italy and Germany will start their Nations League campaign by a point.
Goals in Italy and Germany
“Subtly charming internet specialist. Avid writer. Friendly alcohol guru. Music ninja. Devoted social media fanatic.”
Zlatan Ibrahimovic, 41, announces his retirement from football: “It’s time to say goodbye.” Series A
Champion of Antwerp! Alderweireld shoots the Great Old to the title after Crazy Rollercoaster | Jupiler Pro League 2022/2023
Live: Elise Mertens can count on her great defense and takes the first set against Russia’s Pavlyuchenkova | Roland Garros 2023