December 5, 2021

Taylor Daily Press

Complete News World

Mel Gibson stars in John Wick prequel: 'Now I'm going to stop watching' |  showbiz

Mel Gibson stars in John Wick prequel: ‘Now I’m going to stop watching’ | showbiz

MovieNobody but Mel Gibson (65) will star in the ‘John Wick’ prequel ‘The Continental’. Take a closer look at the hotel of the same name for the killers from the movies. However, not all fans are immediately satisfied with the choice of Gibson.




Many people find it unacceptable that an actor, who has previously made misogynistic and anti-Semitic statements, should be allowed to play such a large role. One tweeter said, “If Mel Gibson was around, I wouldn’t be watching that part of ‘The John Wick Story.’” Wow, Mel Gibson ruined the whole series for me. Why don’t they cast Christopher Walken. “At least he doesn’t hate Jews,” said another fan.

Screenwriter Derek Kolstad, who has worked on all three John Wick films, was also surprised by Gibson’s choice: “But I’ll give him a chance,” it seems.

Mel Gibson has been accused of racism, sexism, homophobia and anti-Semitism. In 2010, his ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva published an audio tape in which the actor admitted to beating her, and threatened to burn the house, using the n-word, saying that Grigorieva deserved to be raped. Then the star was fined and community service.

Continental will be about creating a hotel of the same name for killers. Gibson will play a character named Cormac. It is not clear at this time who will take on the role of owner Winston Scott. In the films, the character was played by British Ian McShane (79).

Read also

Drunk man puts alarm pistol in neighbor’s temple: ‘I thought I was John Wick’

See also  For sale for €471 million: Roman villa with Caravaggio's roof painted | Abroad

Keanu Reeves launches crowdfunding campaign for first graphic novel