good morning! Cities may be busy with people shopping for Sinterklaas, with the Dutch national team competing against the USA in the round of 16 World Cup in Qatar and DJ Hardwell playing a big show in the Netherlands for the first time since 2018. .
First the weather: It’s gray early today. Then, the sun breaks through at different places from time to time. It is almost dry and it will be around 2 degrees with a strong northeasterly wind. In the coming days, clouds will prevail and precipitation is not excluded, especially on Monday. The cold will decrease a little.
What can you expect today?
- The Netherlands will play the USA in the Round of 16 at the FIFA World Cup in Qatar. The match will start at 4pm Dutch time at the Khalifa Stadium in Doha.
- Argentina and Australia will also meet in the round of 16. The match starts at 8.00 PM.
- Many families and friends are celebrating Sinterklaas this weekend. In cities it’s probably busy with last-minute shoppers.
- DJ Hartwell stands by his comeback tour Rebels never die at the Zico Dome in Amsterdam. This will be his first major concert in the Netherlands since 2018.
What did you miss?
A court in Tanzania has eleven Sentenced to death For the murder of a well-known anti-hunting activist. The victim, Wayne Lotter, was gunned down in Dar es Salaam five years ago.
The 51-year-old South African was the director and co-founder of PAMS, a conservation trust. Lotter was particularly focused on combating the wildlife trade. He was killed in August 2017 when his taxi got stuck in the suburb of Dar es Salaam.
Other news of the night:
- One arrested in rapper Takeoff’s murder case: The arrested is a 33-year-old man who has been charged with murder. Takeoff, 28, was shot and killed in the early hours of November 1 after a party at a bowling alley in Houston. He would have been an innocent victim.
- Dutch projects next to Prince William’s environmental Nobel Prizes In the category for improving the oceans, a Dutch project called The Bubble Barrier, a curtain of air bubbles that removes plastic from rivers, was nominated. The award recognizes Australian efforts to increase the involvement of Aboriginal women in Great Barrier Reef conservation.
TikTok’s Chinese employees have had access to European users’ data since yesterday. According to many lawyers, it is Conflict With European privacy rules. Students from De Meergronden in Almere find it “strange” and “terrifying” that TikTok staff have access to their data. But stop? They don’t think about it.
Young people are tired of TikTok sharing data with China, but I can’t do without it
“Passionate analyst. Thinker. Devoted twitter evangelist. Wannabe music specialist.”