Posted Date: 2023-06-02 at 12:23 PM
Starting in February this year, we are working on an HPV18+ catch-up campaign. Young people can get vaccinated for free at various locations in the district, with or without an appointment. Just two injections provide long-term protection against HPV and should be 5 months apart.
The first injection of the summer!
Anyone born between January 1, 1996, and December 31, 2003 who wants a free HPV shot should get their first shot before summer. If the first injection was made after mid-June, the second injection can be given only next year. In 2024, the HPV shot will not be free for young people. Even if the first injection is completed in 2023, there are costs associated with the second injection.
Another week of opportunity
In a week Monday 5th June to Saturday 10th June The GGD West-Brabant locations below are open and we are also still located at BUAS. Anyone born between January 1, 1996, and December 31, 2003, who wants to get an HPV shot can come to one of these sites without an appointment.
Last week’s HPV chance puncture sites:
- Tuesday, June 6: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. BUAS pop-up: Mgr. Hopmanstraat 2, Breda (Frontier Building, ground floor)
- Wednesday, June 7: 5 pm to 8 pm, Heerbaan 190, Breda
- Thursday, June 8: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Pop-up BUAS: Mgr. Hopmanstraat 2, Breda (Frontier Building, ground floor)
- Friday 9 June: 09:00 to 13:45, Heerbaan 190, Breda
- Friday 9 June: 9am-4pm, Heiligartplein 28, Roosendaal
- Saturday 10 June: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Heerbaan 190, Breda
- Saturday, June 10: 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Jacob Obrechtlaan 5, Bergen op Zoom
Do not miss it!
The first shot against human papillomavirus (HPV) as soon as possible. That’s the message of the Don’t Miss It campaign, which launched on Wednesday, May 31. This initiative of RIVM and GGD targets young people born between 1996 and 2003. The HPV vaccination is free only for them during this year’s catch-up campaign. Because there will be at least five months between required injections, it is important to act quickly.
Across the country, existing and additional vaccination sites have been renamed Halte HPV, where young people can go without an appointment.
More information about HPV vaccinations for young people aged 19 to 26 – GGD West-Brabant (ggdwb.nl)
“Total coffee specialist. Hardcore reader. Incurable music scholar. Web guru. Freelance troublemaker. Problem solver. Travel trailblazer.”