Renewed shelling of several Ukrainian cities during the past 24 hours. In the Sumy region, northeastern Ukraine, Russian forces bombed the towns of Sumy and Libden, it was reported last night. Sirens sounded in Kyiv several times last night, but Russian units have not yet penetrated the Ukrainian capital. Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has urged residents in a new video message to expel Russian forces from the country. Read here what happened in the past hours.
Sirens bombing and air raids
• In the Sumy regionIn northeastern Ukraine, Russian forces bombed the towns of Sumy and Lebedin on Saturday. This is what Dmytro Zivitsky, head of the regional government, said on his Telegram channel last night.
• The Ukrainian army is said to have launched eight attacks in the unilaterally proclaimed People’s Republic within 24 hours Luhansky, where pro-Russian separatists have been fighting for years. This was stated by the Russian state news agency TASS, citing sources in Luhansk. The information cannot be independently verified.
According to TASS, shots were fired and at least two civilians were wounded. In addition, 23 homes, a gas pipeline and a high voltage line were damaged.
• In the Ukrainian capital Kyiv Sirens went off several times last night, but the Russian units had so far made no attempt to break through the southwestern outskirts of the capital, Kyiv.
Russia wants to seize the hydroelectric power station
Russia plans to Kanev hydroelectric power station dam, in the center of Ukraine. This was announced by the General Staff of the Ukrainian Army on Sunday evening. The dam is located 150 kilometers south of the capital, Kyiv, on the Dnieper River.
Since the Russian forces invaded Ukraine, they have attacked and destroyed or captured many of the power plants there. For example, there were battles over the Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant, which is the largest in Europe.
The main focus of the Russian army remains on encircling the cities Kyiv, Kharkiv (East) and Mykolaiv (South). On Saturday, Ukrainian news agency Unian reported that 194 people, including 126 civilians, had been killed in the area around Kharkiv since the fighting began. The information cannot be independently confirmed.
“Humanitarian Siege” in Mariupol
The mayor of the southern Ukrainian port city of Mariupol said his city now faces a “humanitarian siege” All facilities have been cut off† Vadim Bogchenko told Ukrainian TV that Russian forces had cut off all power lines to the city and power was cut off to the town of about 450,000 people five days ago.
Residents of the besieged coastal city were given a few hours on Saturday morning to leave the city. The Russian Defense Ministry said Russian forces had held the firing so that “humanitarian corridors” could be established for the civilian population. But according to the Ukrainians, the bombing was going to continue.
Possible humanitarian corridor near Kharkov
The head of the Ukrainian delegation holding talks with Russia has expressed hope that a humanitarian corridor will soon be established near the eastern Ukrainian city of Kharkov. God willing, there is Today passDavid Aratsjamia wrote on Facebook at night from Saturday to Sunday.
Ukrainian army report
The Ukrainian army reported in its daily report on operations that the Russian armed forces continue to target them Kyivwhile they continue to attack Kharkiv, Mykolaiv and create Wild corridor with Crimea†
According to the report, which was published at 2 am local time by the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, the aircraft Airports on Belarusian territory He participated in air raids on military and civilian infrastructure in Kyiv and Zhytomyr.
The report stated that Russian forces continued to “siege the city of Mariupol and bombard it with artillery against civilian infrastructure”, and Mykolaev suffered “significant losses”. The Ukrainian military added that four other Russian helicopters, five planes and a drone were shot down.
Zelensky piques the interest of residents with a new video message
• Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky put Ukrainians in New video message On Saturday evening, the Russian forces were expelled from the country. “We have to get out! We must fight! When the opportunity arises.”
The Ukrainian president also addressed residents of Russia in the self-declared people’s republics of Luhansk and Donetsk, where separatists have been fighting for years. “If they do not erase your memory through propaganda and if you do not close your eyes with fear, then fight for your rights, your freedom and Ukraine,” Zelensky said.
• Zelensky did it again He was in contact with US President Joe BidenHe tweeted last night. According to Zelensky, the two discussed security issues, financial support for Ukraine and sanctions against Russia. The White House later confirmed the call. “President Biden emphasized the continued actions of the United States, its allies, partners, and industry to increase the cost of aggression in Ukraine to Russia,” she said in a statement.
Unlimited free access to Showbytes? And that can!
Sign in or create an account and never miss a thing from the stars.
“Creator. Award-winning problem solver. Music evangelist. Incurable introvert.”