RFC Seraing secured one more season in our top division against RWDM. After 0-1 in the first leg, the home team had enough tonight with a 0-0 draw. In a traditional Brussels club, Igor de Camargo left a heroic role in his last professional match.
Seraing – RWDM in a nutshell:
- important moment: Round the clock, departing De Camargo presents a great opportunity after great work from Hazard. He can’t control the ball very well, so Deitch can get involved. Brussels residents are nowhere near the opening goal.
- man of the match: In RWDM it was not Kylian Hazard. The winger was a disaster for the team’s defense, but either he took a serious blow or his teammates didn’t finish well.
- noticeable: For the first time since 1973, 3 clubs in Brussels could be present again in 1A, but Seraing put an end to that. This is true in two games.
RWDM escapes in red in the hot first half
In the first half with good intentions and many duels, there were chances for both sides. Hazard narrowly missed the best chance and Mikutadze was unable to finish the match on the other side after the visitors stumbled.
He was also very tough on the court at times. Hazard fell twice, and on the other side, Nangis escaped from the red after a clean kick on Mikutadze.
At rest, both teams went with the score of the glasses on the board, and Seraing still had a long stay at nearly 1A.
Camargo leaves her, sad scenes afterwards
After the break the pace was lower and the chances scarce, but around the hour Di Camargo scored the opening goal by foot. After a brilliant solo performance by Hazard, the Brazilian and Belgian faced Deitch head-on, but he let the ball kick in.
Moments later, the 38-year-old striker’s career came to an end. Vincent Liufarard pulled him aside for Obbi Oulare.
The RWDM team has pumped the ball into the tree-tall Oulare countless times, but really great opportunities weren’t forthcoming. Thus he persuaded Syring to stay longer at 1a. After that, the dolls also started to dance after the RWDM division opened and some daredevils encountered some Syring supporters.
Di Camargo: “A missed promotion doesn’t make my career any less beautiful”
After that, Igor de Camargo gave his final analysis of the match he played in: “It’s very unfortunate about the result, we were really hoping for more. This team deserves to be commended. We have come a long way and it is not clear that we are here now.”
For now, De Camargo could have put the RWDM team ahead: “It’s such a shame I can’t score there, that’s all I can say. We won’t get promoted and that’s it.”
“Now it’s over for me. It’s a shame for the result, but it won’t make my career any less beautiful. I’m going to rest for a while and enjoy the holiday.”
- Vincent Yovar (RWDM Coach)“We played the game we were supposed to play tonight. It was a lot better than last week and I think we dominated. The ball should drop well and maybe it wasn’t easy, but I can only be proud of this group.”
“The boys have done everything I asked of them. Everyone has given everything. We’re only short on arithmetic and it’s frustrating, but we can leave here with our heads held high.”
- Jean-Louis Garcia (Siraeng coach): “We are of course very relieved that we were able to save ourselves. I have a feeling he deserved it too. Not only based on those two games, but also in the competition we simply deserved more.”
“Anyway, we’re happy. The goals have been achieved and that’s crucial. I also want to thank Jordi Condom (Garcia’s predecessor), he also has a role in this. How can we have an easier season next season? We will remain a small club, it will not be It’s just so easy.”
“Subtly charming internet specialist. Avid writer. Friendly alcohol guru. Music ninja. Devoted social media fanatic.”