The BA.2 Variant of Omicron It has a unique set of symptoms that appear differently for each person.
News leadership: Researchers He recently conducted an in-depth analysis of the risk of reinfection Variable BA.2Check whether the BA.2 variant can infect people already infected with the omicron variant or not, CNN.
- In the study, researchers examined 140,000 viral genomes from infected patients.
- They found that there were 263 infections again.
- The researchers found 47 people who were infected again with BA.2 after being given the original variant of Omicron.
symptoms: For those who were infected, symptoms were across the board, according to CNN.
- Most infections were mild.
- Some people have no symptoms of COVID-19 or mild symptoms of COVID-19.
- About five people experienced “symptoms described as mild, similar to those of the flu”. CNN†
- There were no reports of hospitalizations or deaths.
bigger picture: Lots of anecdotal evidence It has been suggested that the omicron variant could infect humans again, particularly via the BA.2 variant.
- “Yes, you can have double the omicron,” said Stanley Weiss, an epidemiologist at the Rutgers School of Public Health. yahoo said†
- “If you have a mild infection, you don’t get a very good immune response, and you’re exposed again to a high dose of the virus, that’s definitely possible,” he added.
“Travel. naughty. Pop culture fanatics. I can’t write with boxing gloves on.”
“Total coffee specialist. Hardcore reader. Incurable music scholar. Web guru. Freelance troublemaker. Problem solver. Travel trailblazer.”