March 4, 2024

Taylor Daily Press

Complete News World

Netanyahu rejects the ceasefire in Gaza and heads towards victory over Hamas  outside

Netanyahu rejects the ceasefire in Gaza and heads towards victory over Hamas outside

On Wednesday, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu rejected the proposal of the extremist Palestinian movement Hamas for a ceasefire. He ordered the army to prepare for an attack on the city of Rafah, located in the far south of the Gaza Strip, and said that victory over Hamas “will take months.”


Yorick Dupont


Last updated:
02-24-07, 21:05


source:
Belga, scold, father

look. Netanyahu: “We are on our way to absolute victory”

In a televised speech, Netanyahu said surrendering to Hamas's demands would only lead to “another bloodbath” while US Secretary of State Antony Blinken is in Israel to discuss a ceasefire. Earlier today, the Palestinian extremist organization proposed a 4.5-month plan to achieve a permanent ceasefire.

He added: “Our heroic soldiers are currently fighting in Khan Yunis, the main stronghold of Hamas. Netanyahu said: “We have issued instructions to the Israeli army to prepare for an operation in Rafah and in two (refugee) camps, the last remaining strongholds of Hamas.”

The Prime Minister added, “Victory is within reach, it is a matter of months.” “Only with complete victory can we restore Israel’s security.”



There had been fears of an attack on Rafah for several days, as the city, on the border with Egypt, has become home to the majority of the population of the Palestinian territories, which has been pushed south by fighting since October. anger.

See also  England bans plastic cutlery: 'That's reaching for a mop instead of turning off the tap' | Abroad

According to the United Nations, more than 1.3 million displaced people, five times the city's original population, are crammed into desperate conditions.

Follow the latest news about the war in Gaza on our live blog.