Anderlecht and Vincent Kompany are playing the single prize game and a European ticket. RSCA sealed everything smoothly with Eupen in the second leg of the Croky Cup semi-finals. On the Easter holiday (April 16, 17 or 18) AA Gent is the discount.
Anderlecht – Eupen in a nutshell:
- Key moment: Barely 23 seconds into the second half, Kwame gave Anderlecht a comfortable 3-1 lead. Shortly thereafter, a poor pass from Gomez Brevliak gives Eupen the opportunity to put Eupen back into the match, but Van Kromberg cleverly stopped that.
- man of the match: Two penalties in the first leg and two assists in the second leg. Yuor Rafailov can largely take credit for qualifying for the cup final. Murillo set his way to the opening goal tonight and with a superb cross pass, the Israeli offered Kuame a 3-1 liberation.
- noticeable: Anderlecht reached the cup final for the first time since 2015. Then it fell to arch-rival Club Brugge with a late goal by Rafailov. The last victory in the Purple and White Cup dates back to 2008. Then Anderlecht defeated, yes, AA Gent.
Murillo and Magellan outside the maximum defense weakness
The shortest way to Europe, the shortest way to get the first prize in five years. Anderlecht knew what was at stake tonight against Joppen. The match couldn’t have started better for Purple & White. Murillo got plenty of space from a corner kick from Rafaelov and headed the ball after just 5 minutes.
But just as in the first leg, Anderlecht took the lead early just as quickly. Privliak then equalized 10 minutes after Rafailov’s opening goal, and now had Jöppen next to him again barely 5 minutes after the score was 1-0. With a good dose of luck, his shot veered to Magallan, leaving Van Crombrugge without a chance.
The The unfortunate Magellan himself arranged things in half an hour. Yubin allowed himself
Again a corner kick and the Argentine made the most of his freedom. Noureddine touched the ball, but was unable to thwart the second goal.
Traffic remained one-way at Lotto Park, but Anderlecht could not attract any opportunities from that dominance in the field. The best of which is Kwame at close range. The minor Eupen manages to maintain tension despite his role as an extra.
Kouamé slaps Eupen KO
Immediately after the break, this tension melted like snow in the sun. The second half was less than half a minute long when the outstanding player Rafailov drew the ball perfectly on Kouamé’s header and headed 3-1 very cleverly out of Noureddine’s reach.
The match played, although Gomez nearly made it exciting with a thrilling pass on Van Cromburg. Privlejak sniffed his chance to score again, but was met with a superb save by the Anderlecht goalkeeper.
With that, the hardest part is over at Purple & White. The home team maintained a tight grip on matters, and Yubin was unable to offer any resistance. The match also ended in a secondary way for the visitors when Nuhu got a second yellow card in the final stage.
Over the Easter weekend, for example, we got a fresh copy of the 2008 Cup Final. Then Anderlecht got their last cup win, more than 14 years later, Purple & White finally got another chance to win the cup.
Kompany: “Keep calm and leave the feelings to the fans”
- Vincent Kompany (Anderlecht coach): “That’s great for us, for a stadium that’s so full. The fans weren’t just there in droves but also made themselves heard. The experience was perfect, this was a cup match at its best. Eupen came along very quickly, but I stayed with those Shot. It shows we stayed calm, nobody panicked all of a sudden. When Oben increased the pressure in the second half, we made good use of the space in the back. We had that quite a bit, but then there was space between the lines. We had to change our approach a little bit. , but that kept us dangerous throughout the match. We’ll enjoy this for a while. We’ll play against a strong opponent in the final “but we” haven’t won anything from Ghent yet. We have to beat Ostend on Sunday. On the day of the final we have to keep calm and let The feelings for the fans. We have to treat this match like any other.”
- Steve Peters (Eupin): “Anderlecht has a better player in every position and then it is easy to play football. We are not competitive at the moment, with a lot of youngsters. We finished the 12th season, but 8 players always left. If we can postpone it 3-1 for a while A little bit longer, and we would have stayed in the match. But in two games it wasn’t enough to get a chance in the final “In the first leg it was different football at a small distance, bad field. Now we have to win one or two times the competition as quickly as possible, to save. “
- Christian Kwame (Anderlecht): “We really wanted to reach the final and now we have succeeded. But we still have 5 important matches to reach the Champions League qualifiers. Only then we have to focus on the cup final. That final was the club’s property. Goal “You don’t just have to play a final, you also have to win it.” . Ghent is a tough opponent, they played an excellent match against Klopp. It’s going to be a great final.”
- Hendrik van Cromburg (Anderlecht): “This is very important for the club, for the fans, for us as a group and for the coach. The cup was a goal at the beginning of the season. We are now qualified for the final, and now it’s up to us to get that award. If you play a final, you have to win it. We will do everything we can, but the focus is now on.” First on Ostend. We still have very important weeks in the competition.”
Feedback after Anderlecht – Euppen:
“Subtly charming internet specialist. Avid writer. Friendly alcohol guru. Music ninja. Devoted social media fanatic.”