October 24, 2021

Taylor Daily Press

Complete News World

Four men of the same family were killed in a strange accident in...

Four men of the same family were killed in a strange accident in…

© Shutterstock

Four men of the same family were killed in a strange accident in the Italian village of Paolo in the province of Cosenza. The four died in quick succession in their wine cellar.

Source: telegraph

The family had gathered last Saturday to bring their home-made wine into barrels so they could drink it all year round. But the thing that was supposed to lead to fun ended in drama. Because the men inhaled toxic gases from the barrel, things went completely wrong.

flip over

One of the men entered the cellar to stir the wine. He fell into the tank, after which his relatives tried to get him out. When the other men entered the bunker, they immediately fell to the ground. They all died in quick succession. The men were not able to taste the homemade wine.

The victims are Valerio Scuvano (50), his brother Giacomo (70), his brother-in-law Santino Carneval (70), and Carneval’s son: Massimo (40).

Fainted

The 36-year-old daughter-in-law survived the accident. She fainted at the entrance to the basement, according to the police report. A neighbor revived the woman and took her to a local hospital.

The police report showed that the father, son and brothers died due to insufficient ventilation. Prosecutor Pierpaolo Bruni says the room was not sufficiently ventilated for the large amount of carbon dioxide released during the fermentation process. It is still unclear who lost consciousness first.

During the wine fermentation process, carbon dioxide fumes are released. If this concentration is too high, this ensures that the room does not have enough oxygen. As a result, people who had no prior symptoms could faint within a minute. Brain damage will also occur soon and death can occur within minutes, unless CPR is performed immediately.

See also  WHO: “The number of people with dementia will rise rapidly” | Science