It may not be as urgent as changing a username on PlayStation or Xbox, but you may want to change your Spotify username. Perhaps because the name tea bag collector039 no longer suits you now that you’ve switched to coffee, or because you’re married and want to use your new last name. Whatever the reason, it doesn’t matter: you can change your Spotify username for free and as often as you want. This is how you do it.
Change your Spotify name
First of all, it is important to know the difference between “name” and “account name”, because technically you cannot change your account name, but you can change your name (call it a username). This is not a disaster, because everyone is there spotify He will only see your username. Moreover, it is very easy to change it. It varies whether you’re using your desktop or your phone.
How to change your Spotify name on your phone
- Open the Spotify app on your phone.
- From the home screen, tap the gear at the top right.
- Then click on your name.
- Your profile opens, tap on your name again.
- A screen will open where you can change and save your name.
Change the name of Spotify on the desktop
- Open the Spotify app on your computer (or in the browser via the web player).
- You will then see your avatar and your current name in the top right.
- Click the down arrow next to your name and select “Profile”
- Then your profile opens with your name in capital letters, click on it.
- You can then enter a new name and save it and your new name is real.
As you can see: it is very easy and in the end it is completely intuitive. On the other hand, if you do not realize that you need to click on your name to customize it, you can search for this option for a long time. Hopefully this explanation helped and you don’t have to add songs to this playlist with mates with a crazy username (or of course) or make a love mixtape for that man or woman of your dreams. Enjoy!
“Thinker. Coffeeaholic. Award-winning gamer. Web trailblazer. Pop culture scholar. Beer guru. Food specialist.”