- 82′ – Ainsley Maitland-Niles continued by Adam Armstrong
- 78′ – continued Harry Wilson from Manor Solomon
- 78′ – Willian continues through Neeskens Kebano
- 77′ – Joao Balinha is completed by Sasa Lukic
- 77′ – Yellow – Musa Ganibo
- 74′ – Stuart Armstrong continued to Moussa Gnebo
- 74′ – Carlos Al-Karraz continued to Mohamed Al-Younossi
- 72′ – Goal – Aleksandar Mitrović (0-2)
- 70′ – continued Tom Cairney from Bobby DiCordova Reid
- 65′ – Carlos Vinicius continues through Aleksandar Mitrovic
- 63′ – continued Paul Onuacho from Sekou Mara
- 62′ – Theo Walcott continued by Kamal Eddin Suleiman
- 53′ – Yellow – Romeo Lavia
- 48′ – Goal – Carlos Vinicius (0-1)
There is no guardian angel for the saints. After 11 seasons in the Premier League, the curtain has fallen on Southampton. Fulham hit the knockout with substitute Aleksandar Mitrović. Red Devil Romeo Lafia and Paul Onuacho could not avoid a decisive defeat.
The fate of Southampton’s Red Lanterns was already hanging in the balance: they needed three straight wins and then had to hope the contenders would drop points.
However, the first order of the “rescue operation” went wrong. Southampton fell against Fulham with red devil Romeo Lafia and Paul Onuacho (ex-Genk) at the base.
Striker Aleksandar Mitrović (ex-Anderlecht player) has finally propelled Southampton to the Championship with his 11th goal of the season.
It is not certain if Romeo Lafia will drop with Southampton. The Red Devils can count on interest from Premier League teams.
“Subtly charming internet specialist. Avid writer. Friendly alcohol guru. Music ninja. Devoted social media fanatic.”
Kevin De Bruyne feels comfortable with Champions League final: ‘The season has already passed’ | Champions League
Live: A Group with Thomas de Gendt Speeds Away in a Treacherous Transition | Critium du Dauphine 2023
Zverev in the semi-finals for the third year in a row, Rudd defeats Ron in a Scandinavian showdown | Roland Garros