KV Mechelen continued its strong streak on the coast. Against KV Oostende it looked certain after the first half, but the coastal boys still made it exciting. Just before the whistle, Jeffrey Hermans took care of the recovery and 16 of the 18. KVM is now tied to second place.
KV Oostende – KV Mechelen in a nutshell:
- important moment: It’s hot under my feet KV Mechelen after Jäkel’s goal. In the last minute, substitute Hermanns appeared alone for Hubert and made the score 2-4 very cleverly. books.
- man of the match: The storm rolled in, as so often this season, before the break and Morabeti took his chances with high efficiency, but Hugo Kuipers was once again a gold medal for the Malinois. The striker scored and assisted for the match 1-3. Visiting fans gave him a standing ovation after his substitution.
- Special: The 7-2 concert at Anderlecht seems to have been a wake-up call for KV Mechelen. Since then, Wouter Franken has not lost 7 games in a row.
Storm swirls on the coast
With 13 of 15 KV Mechelen confidently descending to the coast, the victory could give them second place in the standings. The match started after fifteen minutes. The fan buses were in a traffic jam, and referee Derek blew the whistle on Match Day 13 at 9 p.m.
The start of the game wasn’t much. Both teams struggled to keep the ball in their ranks. Visitors had few chances of turmoil with Storm and Cuypers.
Just half an hour ago, Malinoa managed to turn his slight dominance into a goal. Fortes disastrously defended and offered Storm the ball, who immediately surrendered to the Kuipers without thinking. The striker did not hesitate and beat Hubert with a sledge between his legs.
Ostend had a hard time with the rapid outbreaks of visitors. Shortly before the end of the first half, Merabti also scored a goal. Once again, Storm fell with an excellent cross pass, the Swedish shadow striker making it cool 0-2 in the far corner.
Ostend was excited and only an uproar came before Ambrose. Blissin was visibly unsatisfied and spent a few minutes on the bench with his assistants after the break before heading to the changing rooms.
KVM still makes it hard on itself
KV Oostende started the second half with renewed courage, but Morabeti had other plans with substitutes Gueye and Bätzner. After a good job by Kuipers, Mechelen scored the third goal in a similar manner as in the first half.
The match seemed to have 40 minutes to go, but the home team still had a sharp reaction at home. A few minutes into 0-3, Gueye had already put his name on the scoreboard. The stadium bounced back and Ostend rose quietly into the air.
Both Bätzner (wide) and D’Haese (on the crossbar) came close, but the connecting goal fell only in the absolute final stage after a header from Jäkel. At KV Mechelen they got nervous and assistant coach Vanderbiest had to leave the neutral zone with a red card.
Ostend did what she could, but ran on a steep table. Hairemans was sent to Hubert by Schoofs and made the score 2-4 an impressive place ball.
KV Mechelen shivered for a while at the lock, but eventually pulled the full loot across the line. Malinoa 16 jumped from 18 to second in the standings, and Ostend remains 11th in the gray middle bracket.
Franken: “There was only one team that wanted to play football”
- Wauter Franken (Coach KV Michelin): “We let Ostend into the game tonight, and Hermans’ decision still caused a great release. I think there was only one team that really wanted to play football.”
“We knew they wanted to throw balls into the penalty area with these two towers up front. You have to keep playing central and we made some mistakes there. That gave them energy and that wasn’t necessary.”
“I definitely can’t complain about my team. Things are going well at the moment, everything looks very good. The way they play football and the mentality is good.”
- Nicola Storm (KV Mechelen): “It’s good. I think we really deserved to win this match. We tried to play football, Ostend speculated more about the long ball. We put in a great streak, and we hope it continues.”
“Why was it so difficult in the second half? It makes sense if you concede a goal in a clumsy way. You know they will play everything in everything, but in the end it’s good that jeffk (Hermans) could finish it off.”
Blissin: “This is how we fight relegation”
- Alexandre Plessin (Coach KV Oostende): “My voice is gone after tonight. We don’t have much experience as an opponent so you have to bring everything you have inside. We’re talking about the basics here and I haven’t seen that.”
“Fortunately, the substitutions brought some quality and then I saw a team again. Before that he was very weak for 45 minutes. It always seemed like they were waiting for me to make some substitutions. We have to pick this up really fast or we will play against degradation.”
“We only give them 3 great gifts. We fall short in every position. I have to be really tough, it’s a little too low for everyone. We have less quality than last season, but then you have to fight for it. The foundation is not good, the opponent has been constantly better.” “.
- Brecht Capon (KV Ostend): “In 0-3 you also have the feeling that the match is over. We managed to compensate a lot with enthusiasm, but we cannot be satisfied with this. A lot of quality is lost and you have to compensate with more effort and struggle.”
“If this fight is not quite there you will lose a lot of matches, that is the reality. We have been very fortunate in recent weeks and therefore we are still very good in the standings. At the moment we have not managed to compensate for the low quality, so you will not face teams Mature like Mechelen.”
“Thanks to the coach we already have 17 points. I think everyone desperately needs to look in the mirror. It’s hard to take this, you can always be lower but if you fail in duels, you make it real for you.”
“Subtly charming internet specialist. Avid writer. Friendly alcohol guru. Music ninja. Devoted social media fanatic.”