July 4, 2022

Taylor Daily Press

Complete News World

Prince Harry sues the publishing house again for defamation: 'This article caused him a lot of suffering' |  Property

Prince Harry sues the publishing house again for defamation: ‘This article caused him a lot of suffering’ | Property

PropertyBritain’s Prince Harry, 37, is suing publisher Associated Newspapers (ANL) for defamation over articles that appeared in February about his security and his family. The contributions appeared in somewhat the same fashion in the Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday, and appeared during a hearing in the case on Thursday.

In February, it was already known that Harry was suing ANL for defamation, but it was not clear why Prince would do so and any reports or headlines from the publisher would be involved. During the hearing, it emerged the prince was unhappy with an article that surfaced in February after a lawsuit he had brought against the UK Home Office over police security for his family. He lost it after he and his wife resigned from their royal duties in 2019 and moved to the United States.

According to various British media, Harry said in a written statement on Thursday that the article caused him “continuing pain, shame and suffering”. His lawyer, Justin Rashbrook, added that the journalist noted that the prince lied during the public statements by claiming that he had always been willing to pay for his security while in the UK. Rashbrook also said the Mail on Sunday article alleged Harry had tried “inappropriately and sarcastically” to manipulate public opinion on the matter.

ANL denies these allegations. At the hearing, the publisher’s lawyers argued that the article “contains no trace of misconduct” and was not defamatory. The judge said he would make a decision at a later time, and he did not yet know the exact date.

See also  An American website announces the death of the Queen “by mistake”: “a shameful situation caused by a trainee” | Property

Harry and his wife Megan won a case from ANL earlier this year. The Duchess of Sussex felt the publisher had invaded her privacy by publishing part of a handwritten letter to her father, Thomas Markle. And The Mail on Sunday had to apologize to Meghan from the judge. The Duchess also received compensation donated to charity.

Read also:

I cut! A rare photo of Harry and Megan’s daughter Lillipet was published

Can the two reconcile the family? ‘The Queen skips her own party for her grandson’