The US Department of Justice says it has found evidence that government documents may have been removed from a storage room (villa) at former President Donald Trump’s Florida home. . For example, a Trump lawyer alleged that FBI agents “clearly refused” access to boxes at a storage facility in Mar-a-Lago in June.
The department released a document Tuesday night. It describes the purposes of the FBI’s Aug. 8 search of Mar-a-Lago’s home to find classified documents that the former president failed to return after leaving the White House.
According to the Justice Department, the detailed description of the procedure is intended to “correct” an incomplete and inaccurate account of Trump’s statements. “This document is in response to the former President’s request to be calledSpecial Master‘ to set up. A type of independent arbitrator that operates in US law when a court finds that government agencies are violating civil rights. Trump filed the request last week, and Judge Eileen Cannon said Saturday that she plans to appoint such an arbitrator for the time being.
The Ministry of Justice does not want to know. It said appointing a third party could prevent researchers from accessing documents. And, as a former president, Trump no longer has a right to the seized documents. They “no longer belong to him”, but are the property of the government.
Prior to the search of Trump’s estate, the FBI found “multiple sources of evidence” showing there were still “detailed documents” at Mar-a-Lago. According to the Justice Department, some of the documents seized on August 8 were labeled “HCS.” That is, it is information from or about classified human sources that provide information to the US government. So they are sources of spying on the US and are personally at risk if they know who they are.
Trump refers to a “witch hunt” against him by the administration of his successor, Joe Biden. Republicans are still toying with the idea of running for president in 2024.