Spaargids.beThe Belgian does not always need the latest technological gadgets that the banker suggests to him. It is also important to have good banking services in a nearby office with extended opening hours, according to the annual consumer survey Spaargids.be. The survey also produces some surprises.
In association with Spaargids.be
johan van jetty
Over 57,000 people took part in the annual Spargids Consumer Survey, conducted by research agency iVox from November 8 to November 19, 2021. They awarded their financial institution points for their degree of satisfaction with the affiliate network, Internet platform, innovations, and investment guidance. Results overview.
Best Bank Overall: KBC
KBC can call itself the Best Bank of 2021. The institution gets an average score of 7.8 out of 10 of its clients, and this score is based on clients’ ratings of the branch network, online platform, and investment approach. No competitor was better than this.
It passed KBC Argenta and AXA in the rankings. The bank got higher numbers of consumers who are customers of many institutions and so can compare better, and that turned out to be decisive in the end.
More details about the Bank Awards 2021? Read the full article here
Best Branch Network: Argenta
The bank with the best branch network is Argenta. The institution achieved a mean score of 8.1 out of 10 and is ahead of AXA and KBC. The same three banks took the podium last year, although AXA was at the top of the rankings at the time.
Argenta got the upper hand in the question “distance to the nearest branch” and “accessibility or presence of an ATM”
There were also amazing results for BNP Paribas Fortis and ING. They only scored 6.1 and 5.9 out of 10. “Office hours in particular are a source of dismay to many here,” says expert Brecht Quinn of Spargids.
Best Digital Bank: KBC
Just like last year, KBC customers gave their bank the highest score (8.2/10) for its digital capabilities. She left the rest of the banking field far behind. This year, KBC also received the World’s Best Banking App award from the consultancy Sia Partners.
Remarkably, a number of banks with good grades in this category were not immediately recognized as pioneers in the digital space. This means that consumers’ standards often differ from those of technicians and specialists.
“What amazes me is that the ‘offer and value added of additional non-banking services’ in our survey hardly hit the highest levels anywhere. Only in KBC, which pays so much attention to a large-scale service in this context, is the situation somewhat different with 46% “Very satisfied” and 27% “fairly satisfied,” Quinn says.
The lowest scores were found for the question on “Satisfaction of digital assistants”. It also seems that people are not quite ready for this yet. It is remarkable here, the youngest, the most receptive to this type of innovation.
Best Investment Bank: KBC Bolero
KBC Bolero managed to push BinckBank off the top spot. The investment platform scores 7.8 out of 10. Except for the “prices and costs” aspect, it leaves other banks behind in all respects.
Cowen: “Binckbank has always scored highly when it comes to its investment platform, customer service and product suite, but that is very different after the recent acquisition by Saxo Bank.”
Most Innovative Bank: AXA
AXA Bank has been voted as the most innovative bank by its clients. The ease of scheduling an appointment (physical or digital), the digital assistant, and the quality of investment advice (physical or digital) were questioned here.
Quinn: “This is somewhat surprising. For many, it is clear that innovation is not just about technology, but also about the way people deal with change. The future is undoubtedly digital, but a personal relationship based on trust remains important to many.”
Best Savings Bank: Santander Consumer Bank
Santander has been voted the best savings bank. Brecht Quinn of Spargids: “It is one of the last competitors in the savings market. With a Vision+ account, it offers a base rate of 0.05% and a loyalty premium of 0.55%. Together, it is 0.60%, while the majority of savings accounts are just 0.11%.”
Would you like to know more about the results of the 2021 Bank Awards? Read the full article on Spaargids.be here
Read also on Spaargids.be:
This article was brought to you by our partner Spaargids.be.
Spaargids.be is an independent comparison of banking products looking for competitive rates and better interest rates.
Unlimited free access to Showbytes? And that can!
Sign in or create an account and never miss a thing from the stars.
“Total coffee specialist. Hardcore reader. Incurable music scholar. Web guru. Freelance troublemaker. Problem solver. Travel trailblazer.”