Club Brugge resumed with a win. Bas Dost was the winner of the match on a visit to STVV. The Dutch striker signed two goals for Bruges: 1-2. Club Brugge will take the lead until at least tomorrow.
STVV – Club Brugge in a nutshell:
- key moment: Bas Dost had already scored 40 seconds after the kickoff and was doing the trick again a few minutes after the break. Only when STVV combined two great chances did he pass Sobol’s cross superbly over the corner. Enough to win Brugge by a narrow margin.
- man of the match: After two goals in the cup against Denzi, Dost added two more goals to his tally for the day. Excellent week for the tall Dutch player who thanks coach Philippe Clement for the confidence and starting place.
- Amazing stats: Club Brugge always scores against Saint-Truiden. In his last 67 matches against the Canary Islands, Blue and Black have continued to score. The last time he failed was in 1968, in a year the animals were still talking.
The club rotates for 20 minutes, and STVV suddenly hits
Club Brugge can go to stay with a goal in mind. If she beats STVV, she will definitely become the leader in the JPL for one day. Motivated by that captain’s attitude, it also started fiercely: after just 40 seconds, he thanked Dost for his place on the starting line with a goal.
What followed was a Bruges surprise, with opportunity after opportunity. Dost saw his second hit the post, Ballanta nodded to Schmidt and Former managed to hit twice, all to no avail.
“If you don’t finish your chances, leave the cap on your nose,” one football prophet was etched in stone once, and that’s what happened. In the 21st minute, Bauer controlled the falling ball well and tied the skin next to Mignolet. to reset everything.
The equalizer seemed to paralyze the club somewhat. Lax crept into the game of the national hero, who only intermittently caused danger. De Ketelaere kicked a imposed opportunity off the field after just half an hour, so it stayed 1-1 on the board.
Out of nowhere, Bauer scored a brilliant equalizer.
Dusit pulls Club Brugge over the line
The second half started like the first full of fire. STVV immediately threatened twice, through Hara and Hashioka, but Mignolet was vigilant to save goal. Just as in the first half, a goal suddenly fell on the other side, although the roles are now reversed. Dost headed a superb cross from Sobol: 0-2.
Going forward, the club supporter was hoping, but the national champion once again collapsed. STVV picked his moment sporadically and was able to test Mignolet especially on the stationary stages, via Brüls and again Hashioka.
The match was coming to an end and several substitutions took the whole momentum. Clement, the coach of the match-winning club, gave Dost a new alternative to the fans who traveled with him, and the national champion no longer had problems.
The club jumps above Al Ittihad to take first place in the standings, although the Brussels team will still be in action tomorrow. STVV stays down and continues to take the tough spots at Stayen. 5 out of 21 at home is a painful balance.
Just like on Wednesday, Dost scored twice in the cup.
Reactions after STVV – Club Brugge:
- Bas Douste (Club Brugge): “I was very happy because I started today. I was very happy because my teammates were looking for me so much, which allowed me to be dangerous. They were two great goals. The coach always emphasizes when I play that there has to be a lot of crosses, but the players know My traits also I’ve got 4 or 5 really good balls it was great football today I haven’t played much lately but the trick is to keep pressing the gas pedal when you fall to the side of the road I did it I was allowed to start in the cup and I did my best I played A little for three months and it cost the club a few cents, so that the fans continue to support me like that, and that helps me a lot.”
- Steve de Reader (STVV): “It’s a well deserved win for the club, but those two goals shouldn’t happen. We didn’t start sharply and were already a minute behind. That goal didn’t come in the second half either. I saw they also had a tough time with it. We can be dangerous in the steady stages, But Mignolet kept a good goal there.”
“Subtly charming internet specialist. Avid writer. Friendly alcohol guru. Music ninja. Devoted social media fanatic.”