All of the 176 riders who will be at the start of Sunday’s 110th Tour de France – without incident – are known. Who stands out when we look at the final start list? Overview.
- Is there 21 Belgian Participated in the Tour de France, 3 more than a year ago
- 4 Belgians make them First time On the Tour: Jenthe Bermans, Quentin Hermans, Maxime Van Giles and Jordi Meeus
- Dries DeVenens He is the oldest rider in the Tour peloton. On the penultimate day he will do so 40 years Become.
Dries Devenyns turns 40 on the penultimate day of the Tour.
- France again with 32 passengers funded by the court. Belgium (21) ranked second, Netherlands 3 and the Netherlands 14 starters
- 36 contestants Taste the tour for the first time. Some notable names on it Debutante Ball: Guy Hindley, Sam Wellsford, Matthias Skgelmos, Carlos Rodriguez, Beniam Jermay and Phil Bauhaus. Jonas Abrahamsen (1st Knight of the Alphabet) and Axel Zengel (last) also make their debuts.
- 19 passengers start with Jiro in the legs. The most famous names of that group are Mark Cavendish, Mads Pedersen, Thibaut Pinot, Jack Haig and Stephen Kong.
- Quinn Simmons He is with his 22 years and 54 days The youngest runner which starts. This makes him the “youngest contestant” since Sondre Holst-Enger in 2016.
- At 1.95m, Pogacar’s Lieutenant in the United Arab Emirates, Vegaard Stick Langen, held the position greatest feud In the 2023 Peloton Tour. Esteban Chaves (EF) is smaller From the lot, 31 cm smaller than Stake Laengen.
- I will there 13 national champion jerseys Can be seen (except for the time trial), including the aforementioned Simmons trial, but also Tadej Pogacar (although he may wear a different color soon), Emmanuel Buchmann, Dylan van Barley, Richard Carapaz, Valentin Maduas and Fred Wright will feature even more.
Thibaut Pinot already has the Giro on his legs.
- there 3 previous winners First: Defending champions Jonas Vinggaard, Tadej Pogacar and Egan Bernal.
- There is, too 3 previous green jersey winners Up front: reigning champions Wout van Aert, Mark Cavendish and seven-time winner Peter Sagan.
- 6 winners of the polka dot jersey Also entering the arena this year: Jonas Vinggaard, Tadej Pogacar, Romain Bardet, Julian Alaphilippe, Rafal Majka and Warren Barguil.
Sources: procyclingstats.com, Gracenote
Enter your team for Sporza Tour Manager now
Your team also in the beginning?
Register now with your VRT profile, view your results and compare your friends’ performance!
to sign up
|Riding||date||riding type||Beginning of the End||the total||winner||leader|
|1||Bilbao – Bilbao||182 km|
|2||Vitoria-Gasteiz – San Sebastian||208.9 km|
|3||Amorebieta-Etxano – Bayonne||193.5 km|
|4||Dax Nogaro||181.8 km|
|5||Bao Laruns||162.7 km|
|7||Mont-de-Marsan – Bordeaux||169.9 km|
|8||Libourne Limoges||200.7 km|
|9||Saint-Léonard-de-Noblat – Puy de Dome||182.4 km|
|10||Vulcania – bracelet||167.2 km|
|11||Clermont-Ferrand – Moulins||179.8 km|
|12||Roanne – Belleville en Beaujolais||168.8 km|
|13||Chatillon-sur-Chalaronne – Col du Grand Colombier||137.8 km|
|14||Anmas – Morzine||151.8 km|
|15||Les Gets – Le Bettex||179 km|
|16||Basi Complex||22.4 km|
|17||Saint-Gervais-les-Bains – Courchevel||165.7 km|
|18||Moûtiers – Bourg-en-Bresse||184.9 km|
|19||Moirans-en-Montagne – Poligny||172.8 km|
|20||Belfry – Le Markstein||133.5 km|
|21||Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines – Paris||115.1 km|
“Subtly charming internet specialist. Avid writer. Friendly alcohol guru. Music ninja. Devoted social media fanatic.”