- 45 + 6′ – Goal – Anthony Martial (2-0)
- 29′ – Follow Anthony to Marcus Rashford
- 6′ – Goal – Casemiro (1-0)
- 89′ goal – Joao Felix (4-1)
- 86′ – Bruno Fernandes continues through Scott McTominay
- 82′ – Continue Noni Madueki for Hakim Ziyech
- 82′ – continued Karney Chukwuemica for Ruben Loftus-Cheek
- 82′ – Follow Conor Gallagher to David Datro Fofana
- 78′ – Goal – Marcus Rashford (4-0)
- 75′ – Yellow – Enzo Fernandez
- 75′ – Yellow – Terrell Malacia
- 73′ – Goal from the penalty spot – Bruno Fernandes (3-0)
- 70′ – Christian Eriksen continued by Fred
- 70′ – continues Anthony Martial by Alejandro Garnacho
- 64′ – Follow Mykhailo Modric for Christian Pulisic
- 64′ – Kai Havertz continues through Joao Felix
Champions League football is back for Manchester United. After a turbulent season, Goldcrest Marcus Rashford has been honored for kicking his side back into the Champions League. A relatively easy 4-1 win in the make-up game against hapless Chelsea was enough to secure third place. The Blues continue to falter in 12th place.
After City, Arsenal and Newcastle, Manchester United are now also confident of next year’s Champions League.
Erik ten Hag’s side had little trouble with the terminally ill Chelsea and sent the blue shirts home 4-0.
Casemiro was once again valuable gold for the home team and (literally) kicked off a festive evening. Prodigal son Martial and Bruno Fernandes – from the penalty spot – widened the lead without much effort afterwards.
And of course there was the inevitable Marcus Rashford moment. He was Manchester United’s Player of the Year and also sealed their Champions League ticket with 30 of the season.
mission accomplished. Championship ball – after a year in the Europa League – and third place will be at Ten Hag in no time. For Chelsea – who scored top scorer of honor 4-1 in the absolute final – the door to the season can be quietly closed.
“Subtly charming internet specialist. Avid writer. Friendly alcohol guru. Music ninja. Devoted social media fanatic.”
Live stream: Mertens takes out the best match against Pegula and wins the first set 6 to 1 | Roland Garros 2023
Benzema (for now) will not go to Saudi Arabia: “What they say on the internet is not true” | sports
Where is Messi’s future? “He shouldn’t have money, he wants to win the Champions League again” | League 1