Although the names of the eight other passengers are already known, little information has been available about them so far. Now there is more clarity.
It is about SErji Propostin, Evgeny Makaryan, Alexander Totmin, Nikolay Matyoseev and Valery Chekalov. The plane’s three crew members, pilot Alexei Levchin, co-pilot Rustam Karimov, and flight attendant Kristina Raspopova, were also killed.
1. Sergey Propostin: Propostin joined the Wagner Group in March 2015 and fought in the 2nd Reconnaissance and Assault Detachment. Prigozhin recruited several bodyguards from that last detachment.
2. Yevgeny Makaryan: Makarian joined the Wagner Group in March 2016 and was part of the 4th Strike Detachment in Syria.
3. Valery Chekalov: And Chikalov was one of them Prigozhin deputies. He supervised all the “civilian” projects of the Wagner chief abroad and was responsible for security and logistics for the Wagner Group. According to the source of the Telegram channel “VChK-OGPU”, it would have allowed Wagner employees to enrich themselves.
He had been on the US sanctions list since last month because he worked for Prigozhin and was involved in shipping munitions to Russia.
4. Alexander TotminTotmin had served for Wagner in the Sudan.
5. Nikolay Matyoseevkisa: It is suspected that this is the same person Nikolai Matosevic, who has been with Wagner since January 2017 and was a gunner in the 4th Assault Detachment in Syria.
Pilot Alexei Levgin, co-pilot Rustam Karimov and flight attendant Kristina Raspopova also died. The flight attendant shared a photo of the breakfast she ate right before departure.
The flight attendant’s relatives said she informed them of “strange manipulations” before take-off. For example, the aircraft could have been taken in for “unexpected repairs” shortly before departure.
“Creator. Award-winning problem solver. Music evangelist. Incurable introvert.”