Anderlecht gave fans a festive night against OH Leuven. After an early goal, the Purple and White overcame the visitors. The star was Anders Dreyer with 3 goals.
Anderlecht – Leuven in brief:
- Key moment: In contrast to last week in Liège, Anderlecht attended the meeting straight away shortly after the break. Dolberg immediately made it 3-1 from a free kick and just five minutes later Struijkens extended the lead further.
- Man of the match: Anders Dreyer, who else? The Dane got Anderlecht’s train back on track with two brilliant goals before the end of the first half and saved his best goal for the final stretch. The trilogy is to die for, and each is a gem of a goal.
- distinct: Kasper Dolberg is working on a great series. In the last five games he’s been a starter (he had to watch out for an injury against Eupen), he’s always scored. The Dane now has 7 goals in 11 matches.
Dreyer turns the tables after an early goal from Misao
Anderlecht wanted to get over the painful defeat to Standard as quickly as possible, but found themselves behind after just five minutes. Misao hit a beautiful long shot, and Schmeichel reacted too late: 0-1.
Even before the first fifteen minutes of the match were over, Anderlecht got things sorted. And how! Dreyer did not want to be inferior to Misao and in turn scored a particularly good long shot. Prevo had no chance of getting the ball in place of the Dane.
With peace in sight, Dreyer completely turned the tables. Once again, he showed off his impressive kicking technique, as Hazard crossed the ball intelligently and Prevot was spotted.
However, things could have gone differently when Vertonghen lost to Nsenje ten minutes before half-time, but Schmeichel had an excellent reaction time to prepare.
Dreyer criticizes and equalizes.
Lotto Park fully enjoys champagne football
Last week in Slicein, Anderlecht collapsed shortly after half-time, and the Purple & White clearly won’t let that happen again. Conversely, the home team got off to a great start in the second half. Augustinsson headed the ball to the first post from Hazard’s free kick and Dolberg showed his instincts: 3-1.
After just five minutes, Anderlecht fans were roaring with joy when the home team executed a brilliant attack. After one-time football between Augustinsson, Dreyer and Leoni, Struijkens finished the game in style with a cross into the far corner.
Champagne football created an enthusiastic atmosphere in the stands. Anderlecht rode the waves of enthusiasm and continued to search for more. Dolberg found Prevot on his way, and Dreyer saw his third goal hit the post.
But the Dane’s hat-trick came in the final stage. His third goal was also the most beautiful. From outside the penalty area he beautifully curled the ball into the top left corner. The icing on the cake, though, is the highlight of the overall purple and white performance.
Stroekens also gets his share.
“Not only did we win, we did it in style.”
- Brian Reimer (Anderlecht coach): “This is an answer that can be counted after the defeat to Standard. Not only did we win, we did it in great style with great goals and beautiful play. Our pressing was good, as was our intensity. Despite the difficult conditions, our ball handling was good.” “It was good too. Very good. Being behind so early is of course not what you hope for. But the reaction was amazing, especially after last week. We wanted to play good football and we continued to generate energy and intensity. The combination of strength and intensity. “Work and high pressure completed the performance . The first cup final against La Louviere awaits us on Tuesday. “We want to win the cup, and we take this very seriously.”
- Eddie Vanhemel (OHL Coach): “After a 1-1 draw, nothing went wrong. We continued calmly in the game. Before half-time the score was 2-1, and shortly after half-time it was 3-1. Then we knew it would be difficult to win.” “We have to get another result. The boys kept working until the end. We have to keep working on it. 5-1 is a very difficult result, but that’s how it is. We have to analyze it carefully this week.” “We think together and keep working. We have to maintain the same enthusiasm in matches and deal with the things we can improve.”
“Subtly charming internet specialist. Avid writer. Friendly alcohol guru. Music ninja. Devoted social media fanatic.”