The Federation has done an excellent job regarding the European Spring in the European League. The Belgian vice-champion had a number of chances in Braga, saw two disallowed goals and slipped off the course of the match, but turned it around on a crazy finish. After 3 days of playing, Union is still showing the max.
Braga – the union in a nutshell:
- Key moment: Gustaf Nilsson seems to have given Union another point in the extreme, but there is still an apple from the Portuguese sky. The swede still shrinks the skin overtime. From defeat to a difficult victory in just a few minutes.
- man of the match: In the 84th minute Gustav Nelson came and after only a few minutes made all the networks shake. As if that wasn’t enough, he still gave the Union victory.
- noticeable: Al Ittihad seemed to be screaming at the ruthless Portuguese. A goal was disallowed twice in the first half. First in a hand-to-hand match with Vanzer, then to offside Neukop.
Two goals are not allowed
Earlier there were fears of a fierce start for Braga, who is number 2 in Portugal at the moment. However, nothing came of it. It was the Federation that took charge.
The chances were especially for the residents of Brussels and in the first half they also scored two goals. But the party was canceled for Vanzier (hands) and Neukop (offside).
Shortly before the end of the first half, it looked like a deserved goal fell after all, but Boniface saw his superb shot go off the crossbar.
Nelson makes the difference in the crazy final stage
The Union was the better team, until the cap fell on the nose. We were only a few minutes away in the second half when Vettenha gave us 1-0 on a plate for Apple Ruiz.
A cold shower for the Union, but they didn’t leave the cups hanging for the vice-champion. exactly the contrary. Nieuwkoop scored 1-1 at his feet but collided with a Portuguese.
I’ve seen visitors think “it shouldn’t be”. The poison was already in the tail. Gustav Nelson first assisted by Adingra and then was in the right place to score 1-2.
1-0 or 1-2, it makes a huge difference. Just like Club Brugge, Union now also kicks off the European adventure with a 9 of 9.
Gerarts: “Alternatives do what they serve”
- Gustav Nelson: “It feels great for me personally and for the team it was a great night. In that first goal it was a very good pass from Adingra. He arrived perfectly with that chip. I needed one check and I hit it in the ‘quick corner’. Beautiful ending. With the second goal, Adingra again participated. He wanted to shoot and the ball ended up in front of my feet. I just had to push it in. “
- Karel Gerats:It was a good match from us against a team that is still second in Portugal. Then you just have to be good. I think the first half was very closed. Although at times I thought we had the upper hand. In the second half we were left behind and from that moment we really started playing football, the players on the field did very well. Then the benches do what they serve by making the difference.”
“Subtly charming internet specialist. Avid writer. Friendly alcohol guru. Music ninja. Devoted social media fanatic.”